One of the best things about having roommates is the chance to become great friends with them! While it’s definitely possible to have challenges when living with another person, it’s important to do your best to get along and have fun together. Doing so can often make both of your living experiences much better!
For those of you who love your roommates already, or for those who are trying to think of new activities to help bond with roommates you don’t know too well, here’s a list of 20 roommate-date-night ideas to spend some fun time together!
- Cook a fancy meal together
- Rent a new (or old!) movie, pop popcorn, and relax at home
- Take a walk around your complex or at a park nearby
- Hit the gym together (this helps accountability, too!)
- Find a new board or video game, learn the rules, and play
- Try a local restaurant
- Wake up early and visit the weekend Farmer’s Market
- Search Pinterest and create an apartment craft
- Take a painting or pottery class
- Visit thrift shops and go apartment shopping
- Play loud music and clean the apartment
- Plant a vegetable garden for your patio
- Take a yoga or fitness class
- Get tickets to a concert
- Spend a night out with mutual friends
- Search for local bands and visit restaurants where they’re playing
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Take a cooking class
- Visit an animal shelter and play with the animals
- Volunteer at a local charity
The key is to try something new or something you both enjoy, and not everything has to cost a lot of money! If you’re not great friends with your roommates (yet!), choose activities that eliminate the chance for awkwardness. Invite them along to activities you’re already doing, or use daily deal sites, such as Groupon, to find new things to try out together!
Any other fun ideas of activities to do with your roommates? Leave them in the comments!