Are you a lover of color? Does the idea of decorating your apartment with earth tones make your heart sink? Do you find yourself gravitating toward the brightest hues when you’re out shopping? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we are gonna get along just splendidly. As a fellow apartment dweller who has an affinity for color, you can almost always find me on the hunt for fabulous (and extremely bright) new pieces to add to my space. Whether it’s the turquoise blue bistro chairs that sit around my dining table or the vibrant purple and pink wooden flowers that sit in a vase on my dresser, every room has at least one piece that’s popping with pigment.
Needless to say, I’ve got a pretty extensive knowledge of where to shop for the best and brightest apartment decor. So, if you’re itching to add a little color to your life, check out the stores below!
via Brit + Co
1. Brit + Co Shop: Brit + Co is a fun blog that’s dedicated to inspiring creativity, and these folks are all about some color, too. Their shop — which features hand-made pieces from various artists and makers — is no different. From quirky and cute to neon and trend-setting, they’ve got you covered for all your colorful decorating needs!
via Urban Outfitters
2. Urban Outfitters: Those bistro chairs I mention above… definitely purchased them from Urban Outfitters. And, frankly, it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. In addition to having products that are nice and bright, everything is well-made and unique. You can’t get much better than that!
3. Target: Sure, Target is a big box store, but thanks to their love of teaming up with prestigious designers and bloggers (anyone seen the adorable party collections form blogger Joy Cho?!), their aisles and online store are bursting with fun colorful picks that are perfect for first apartments and small budgets.
4. Etsy: Oh, Etsy. Is there truly any website on earth that’s more fun to browse? I think not. Packed full of pages upon pages of hand-made and/or vintage pieces, it’s the absolute best place for scouting out one-of-a-kind, vibrantly-hued finds for your apartment!
via World Market
5. World Market: The World Market is one of my favorite places to shop for many reasons. First of all, they have pretty decent prices, the pieces are unlike what you’ll find anywhere else, and, of course, they’re an excellent resource for colorful decor accents. If nothing else, I recommend checking out their wall art collection — so many good choices!
6. Anthropologie: If you know anything about Anthropologie, it’s probably that they have excellent, but super EXPENSIVE products. If your budget can handle it though, I certainly recommend checking out their home and decor page for really awesome pieces to add to your new apartment. Your walls and your mood with thank you for the dash of color!
7. ModCloth: Although ModCloth mostly deal in fun vintage clothing for women, their website also has a section that’s dedicated entirely to equally awesome, retro-inspired buys for your apartment. I also personally love that most of their products feature punchy patterns and bright neons. Seriously, check them out and you’ll see exactly what I mean.