Every year the famous color source known as Pantone releases their anxiously awaited color of the year. For weeks before the big color reveal, designers, planners, and artists everywhere speculate and formulate guesses on which perfect shade they will choose. Then the day comes, they finally announce their pick for the color of the year and the design world — from wedding planners to fashionistas — goes wild with inspiration and ways to incorporate the “it” color into every aspect of your life. This year’s color has been especially exciting for all those design lovers out there. What is the color you ask? Sophisticated, elegant, bold emerald green. Since day one, I’ve been just as obsessed as everyone else with a taste for the creative and I’m always on the hunt for the perfect emerald green accents to add to my dining room (now that I’ve finally decided on what area is deserving of this perfect green).
So with emerald on my mind, today I want to share with you some of my favorite emerald green pieces that make decorating with Pantone’s color of the year a breeze. Trust me, with these awesome selections, you’ll be dying to add this year’s color to your home too.
1. Tufted Chair, $171.99 via Overstock.com
2. Spice Containers, $5.94 each via World Market
3. Striped Rug, $113-660 via rugsusa.com
4. Glass Cabinet Knobs, $3.95-$5.95 each via signaturehardware.com
6. Bedding, $49.99-$59.99 via jcpenney.com
7. Candle Holder, $1.95 each via crateandbarrel.com
8. Side Table, $65 via wanelo.com
9. Lantern, $15.56 via tncgiftsandcollectibles.com
10. Chevron Pillow, $34.49 via Overstock.com
As you can see, each one of these items brings a pop of emerald to a room in unique ways. From small accent pieces to large furniture items, you really can’t go wrong with Pantone’s 2013 color pick. Emerald is perfect for any style from retro to modern and works nicely with a variety of other color palettes as well. So get to shopping and find your favorite emerald pieces for your apartment. Oh, and don’t forget to share your great finds!